Here are a couple questions to think about as you prepare for tonight’s meeting
1. What do you think the theme of the book overall was? Was this clear?
2. What did you think of the how he connected the ideas together to make the causation statements?
3. What did you think of the stories in the book? After each explanation did they seem to make sense?
4. What was your biggest take away from the book overall?
Can’t wait for our discussion tonight!
Join us for our second Blogs Books Bytes Meeting! We will be reading Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.
The meeting will be held on May 3rd. Details can be found here!
First off we would just like to thank everyone who has checked out Blogs Books Bytes, and especially those who will attend tomorrow’s first meeting!
If you didn’t have the chance to read Unmarketing by Scott Stratton this month; don’t worry, the next book will be announced soon!
For those attending either in person or through our live tweets via #bbbtalk; we wanted to give you a couple of more things to think about coming into the meeting, just to get the ideas flowing!
- What part does social media play in your life? Did the book teach you more about the different social media outlets available?
- How did you personally apply this book to your life? Think of examples to share. Did this book help you change in any way?
- Did you find ways to apply the unmarketing tactics to your life?
Get thinking on these and the previous questions for us to discuss at the meeting. It will be held at Panera Bread in Dupont Circle.
Can’t wait for the first meeting! See you all there!
We hope that you are getting excited for our first Blogs Books Bytes meeting on April 5th – if you haven’t signed up yet, please do so hear.
Have you been reading our first discussion book, Unmarketing by Scott Stratton? If so, please share your thoughts on our @BlogsBooksBytes backchannel #blogsbooksbytes.
Here are some reflection points to get you thinking:
- What are you first impressions of Unmarketing?
- Do you find this content relevant to your personal life, work relationships, social engagements, educational activities and/or other areas?
- What comments, chapters or pieces of advice resonated with you?
- Have you committed one of the Social Media Sins? Have you witnessed someone else doing this?
- Will you/how will you/how have you modified your Social Media or Customer Service approach since reading this book?
- The author talk about relationships quite a bit… which points were most relevant or useful for YOU?
Please share on the #blogsbooksbytes backchannel, comment below and/or send us your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blogs Books and Bytes is an interactive book club and blogging community accompanied with ongoing online discussions. Learn about us and Get Involved!
Get started with our first event and book: Unmarketing by Scott Stratten
You can stay up to date with our books, meetings and event at https://blogsbooksbytes.wordpress.com/blog-book-club/